"Crafty Katie"

I only wish "Crafty Katie" was my nickname for my so called "mad crafting skills"! However, I haven't touched a sewing machine since high school Home Ec! In elementary I even got out of school early to take sewing lessons at Sue Huess Sewing (many of you girls may remember that name). In fact, this may come as a huge shocker to most of you, but I was even awarded "Home Ec Sterling Scholar" in high school! (I can just hear the snickering reading that). It's true though! I did, indeed, earn the honor! Yet, when I went to the first Sterling Scholar meeting to discover I had to actually compile a portfolio of my domestic crafting skills - - I was out! There was a 20-page essay required too, but I knew my crafting skills weren’t even up for a 1-page essay!

With all that considered though, having a baby girl has made me want to make cute stuff for her! When girls bring homemade gifts to baby showers all the girls pass it around and marvel at em’! Speaking from experience, when I was given homemade baby items for Landon I was so moved by the time and skill that went into the making! I have become increasingly inspired by my fellow domesticated and Etsy making blogger buddies! Now, I am nowhere close to your homemaking skills, but I have discovered a few tricks up my sleeve to “put together” some cute stuff for the baby. Here’s a few of the girly things I’ve made (and without much skill, might I add)!

Okay, so my darling friend, Lyndsie, inspired me with her Mix to Match Bows business to put together this lil' clip. I bought the clip from her and then added the lil' blue bird.
Again, this is my friend Lyndsie's clip that I bought and I just added the felt embellishment.
I've never loved craft stores so much until I found out I was having a girl! Before scrap-booking supplies overwhelmed me, but with a girl on the way - - I now use them for clips and bows!
I made this headband from a few fake flowers that Landon found for me on the ground!
I started making bows for my girlfriends with babies. I finally started to make some for baby girl Corbridge out of the scraps from the bows I made for others babies. These are just a few examples of those.
We actually made this bow in Young Women's of all places! The young women went crazy for them! Its just simple scrap-booking embellishments from Robert's to make em'!
Christmas Hat
Okay, here again, this was a Young Women's project! Super simple too! No sewing required! We just snipped around the edges and tied ribbon through to make this feminine bow edge! My cute Pres. choose this fabric for the baby.
Example up-close of the cute edge
So, my Mom taught me to make this "no sew" baby blanket! Requires lots of cutting, but no sewing machine! I thought this one was so cute that I made a couple of them for baby gifts!
This is the fun back side

11 comments:

Tara said...

Ok............... YOU ROCK MISS CRAFTY KATIE! Your talent impresses me! You need to teach me how to do the last blankie, is that all different fleece? I am so confused? Anywhoo, you are fabulous! I miss you!

Casey and Britt said...

So stinkin' cute Katie... I love them! I just made a couple of baby blankets and they are NOTHING like these! Mine are so simple and plain compared to these! :) I LOVE what you did, AND THE BOWS! You need to teach me how to do that because I have NO IDEA... and they are DARLING! Way to go Katie!

Casey and Britt said...

BTW... I'm still waiting to see a REAL belly pic! None of this front shot stuff. LOL

Tara said...

I agree with Britt! Show us more Belly pics!

Todd and Jenn said...

I wish I would have seen this before bunco. How talented are you! Love everything and you'll have to tell me how to make that blanket. So cute!

Todd and Jenn said...

I wish I would have seen this before bunco. How talented are you! Love everything and you'll have to tell me how to make that blanket. So cute!

Kylee Coulam said...

Katie... ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL! They are seriously so so cute. I love the animal print one! You will have to give me a little lesson in bow making. I also loved all of the felt ones. So cute. :-)

The Lichtie Family said...

Look at you, Miss Craft-o-rific. I need to teach you how to make tutu's. So fun, so fast, so easy! Ava has about 1.3 million and she loves them. They are fun for pictures or dress ups.

Where the heck you been, girl? I've tried to call you 10 times and all i get is "this number is no longer accepting incoming calls..."! What, you hate me so bad that you have my NUMBER BLOCKED??!!

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

oh my poor girls if I ever have one... I so can't do any of that. You need to make some totorials or something cuz i would love to make blankets and bows!!! so darling! can't wait to see this pretty little girl. did you buy the headbands??? seriously I need like retard step by steps for these!!! you say there easy now show us the tricks

Mike and Trina said...

Are you kidding me!!!!! Your stuff is so stinkin cute. I should pay you to make me things for my two little girls. You're so talented. Or maybe you can teach me one day. Have a little arts and crafts day. That would be fun!!!

JAKE AND STACY said...

I had no idea you were so crafty. I love it. Those blankets are to die for I have to know how to do th last one. I miss my regular dose of Katie. You alway know how to make me smile. I miss that.