Cake Pops

So I feel I must give a disclaimer for this post for all those crafty homemakers and bakers. This was a first attempt at the cake pop, but I post my *magic* because they turned out alright! I've since made more for showers with fun colors and swirls, but I know there's girls out there that get very fancy with these. 
These were my 4th of July Cake Pops (for the neighborhood kids to enjoy)
Clearly well received!

I realize theses are not a new thing to bloggers and Moms, but they were new to me making them. Super simple too:
  1. Bake box cake according to directions
  2. Crumble cake
  3. Mix crumbled cake with half a container of frosting
  4. Roll into balls
  5. Stick a stick inside with melted chocolate on tip of stick (to adhere better to cake pop) 
  6. Freeze
  7. Dip in chocolate - done! Cake pop *magic*! 

2 comments:

rachel june* said...

Gorgeous photos. I have always wanted to make those but have yet to attempt. I like the simplicity of yours! Maybe I'll attempt out here.....easy or time consuming?

Todd and Jenn said...

They look amazing Katie. I've always wanted to make these.